Thursday, December 09, 2004

First blog entry

Hmmm, how's that for a creative, descriptive, catchy title for my first blog ever?

Well, anyway, HI! I'm CJ. Mostly known online as Huskies4all. That's the actual dog, not the college sports team.

Gosh, about me. Let's see...you're never supposed to reveal anything about yourself online, right? So here goes. I'm 28 years old, been married for 9 years, and I'm expecting my first baby on or about February 8, 2005.

Yep, that's right, CJ, the confirmed child hater, is gonna have a little Nolan Patrick. Nolan for my husband's late grandfather, and Patrick for my father. My family believes in recycling names. In case you're interested, you can count down the days to his arrival here. If it's after February 8, 2005, most likely that link is not going to work, because he's already here. In that case, you can probably see announcements in later blog entries, or at my home page.

Oh, yeah, about me, right? Back to business.

I live in Southern Idaho. Yes, there are actually people who live here, and yes, we have indoor plumbing. No, I don't ride my horse to work. Yes, I've been more than 10 miles from home.

At the moment, I'm a Certified Veterinary Technician. After Nolan, I'll be a stay-at-home Certified Veterinary Technician, until such time as my certification expires, then I'll just be a lowly stay-at-home-mom. Honestly, I'm ready to be done with work now, but I'm going to stick with work until the middle of Janury, I think. It all depends on when Nolan wants to show his little face.

I'm getting impatient to meet him. Pregnancy has been a piece of cake; I still haven't figured out what all the complaining is about. People keep telling me how miserable they are/were when they were pregnant, and at the moment, I'm a bit under the impression that they're a bunch of weenies. Ask me again when I'm in labor.

Other interests of mine, not necesarily in any order:

Siberian Huskies (obviously)

Reading (mostly fantasy, but I'll branch out into other genres if it looks interesting)
-Robert Jordan is my favorite
-George R. R. Martin a close second
Both of the above better get busy writing, or we're going to have words.
-David Eddings - always good for that light reading
-The ever-popular JK Rowling
-C.S. Lewis - the Narnia series is what interested me in Fantasy in second grade.
-J. R. R. Tolkien (obviously)

Skiing - I live near Sun Valley Idaho, but this year is going to be pretty sad for me on the skiing side. Hopefully I'll get in some spring skiing after Nolan gets here.

Just about anything else about me is somewhere on my home page.

Ok, that's it. Hopefully I remember to update this thing. If not, I blame in on pregnancy-induced hormonal brain fog. So there.


No comments:

Post a Comment